Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Genetic Testing – Pernicious Anemia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and recently diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia. I have tried methly B12 a few times and had reactions of itching as well as severe anxiety of which I have never experienced before. I am looking into testing, but I’m not sure if 23 and me or Amy Yasko would be preferred. Cost isn’t an option, I just want the best advice.

Thanks for any comments or help provided.

Istvan
    Participant

23andme features close to half a million SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphisms) from which Sterling’s App generates 250+ SNPs into that is easy to go over. Please take a look at our Orders/Report page located in a submenu under Sterling’s App > then click on the picture to see a sample of what you will get for your money.

This report also features Dr. Amy Yasko’s SNPs with the exception of SUOX and VDR FOK.

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi, Pernicious anemia indicates a B12 issue and/or methyl swap issue. Look at your MCV number in your CBC. If its over 92, then you may want to add a bit of lithium orotate a few times per week to drive B12 into cells. Give it 2-3 months to reflect in MCV (cheap way to see if B12 methylation swap is at fault).Methylation is a 3 legged stool that requires folate in the form of MTHF, B12 and lithium. Best if you can work with a Provider to address pathways in proper order.

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi ilcc, Im checking back with you to see it pushing B12 into cells via lithium has assisted. If it has not, please contact us and select a Practitioner to work with as there may be other SNPs in play besides TCN, MTHFR, MTR, MTRR. Cynthia
    PS Sterling new Variant Report can give better insight. It was just recently accessible via MTHFRsupport.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘MTHFR Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.