Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Pregnancy Bad Reaction to B-Complex

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m a 31 year old female trying to conceive. I have been diagnosed with celiac disease, I go between hashimotos and graves and possible PCOS. Most recently, I’ve been on a B-complex vitamin but was having a severe reaction to it, unexplained anxiety, deep depression, aggression in the evenings and bright red acne out breaks on cheeks and jawline. Symptoms diminished within 1-2 days of stopping the B-complex. We’d really like to keep on trying but I’m afraid of taking any b-vitamin again, including methylated folate, and I’m afraid of not taking it either because of possible birth defects.
    I ran my results through Sterling’s App (which is fantastic!) but I’m having a hard time interpreting all the mutations on my own. These are my snps from geneticgenie.org and the are all heterozygous: MTHFR C667T, COMT V158M, COMT H62H, VDR Bsm, VDR Taq, MAO-A R297R, MTR A2756G, MTRR K350A, MTRR A664A, CBS A360A
    I live in Canada and there doesn’t seem to be much access to doctors knowledgable on how to treat gene mutations. Lately I have been limiting my intake of garlic and onions as these are high thiol/sulphur foods and feel much better when I don’t eat them. I’d appreciate any other recommendations. Thank you.

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Hayley,

Many of the practitioners on the Find A Practitioner listing will consult via Skype or phone globally so choosing one of these practitioners will help you get the support and appropriate treatment specific to your needs as it has to be individualized. The practitioners are experienced in interpreting your report from Sterling App V2.2 and in methylation, nutrigenomics and epigenetics.

As for recommendations you do need to consult with a practitioner for this as it would be unethical for such advice to be given here without knowing your history and having an understanding of any issues you may be dealing with.

Lea

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Pregnancy’ is closed to new topics and replies.