Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Infant (2 Months Old) Supplements

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Good day to all, my baby was diagnosed with Tongue Tie and with that I’m ordering the 23andme genetic testing for our family. I would like to seen some support or advice please for some information on what kind of supplementation (brand/type/dose) can I give to a 2 month old baby. Will any of this store work for him http://www.mthfrsupport.com/store/ ? Thank you so much in advance, sorry I’m just so worried for him and not really want to waste much of your time.

Much Love and Chi

andersonshelleys
    Participant

I am just wondering why you are so concerned about the Tongue tie. I would like to learn if somehow I have missed something. Both of my sons are homozygous for the SNP that is linked to this condition, but only one of them required surgical intervention. They are both fine. Just curious what your doctors have told you? We have many other SNPs that are much more concerning and our Integrated Pediatrician that has viewed and interpreted both their genome reports and done additional nutritional testing, hasn’t yet mentioned that it is an immediate concern at least at first in determining a child’s proper nutrigenomic regimen. Please offer any research data as I don’t have much time to research anymore.

S.Anderson

Istvan
    Participant

Hi John!

I would recommend you to contact a practitioner who is familiar with methylation. Supplements are just supplements – that is a lot more to this. You need to know, and understand when to use them. Lots of people don’t even have to use it because when fixing the gut, other issues resolve by themselves.

As for the importance of tongue tie; other organs can be affected. Jennifer Tow is an expert when it comes to tongue-tie, as she is the president of the tongue tie association. We know that kids with tongue-tie have faulty methylation, and are under serious oxidative stress. I would recommend setting up a consult with one of the practitioners who not only understand methylation, but look further than that, and treat the body as whole.

JohnPaul
    Participant

Thank you so much for your recommendation Istvan! I will reach out to Jennifer Tow ASAP. Btw, are there any names of practitioners on the top of your head you can recommend that are expert in methylation?

Istvan
    Participant

There are no experts in methylation, because this topic is still relatively new. If anyone claims to be an expert, then just turn around and walk out the door – the likelihood of that practitioner treat SNPs instead of trying to fix the body is high.

From the top of my head I’d recommend the practitioners from our team

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi,

Tongue tie is a result of impaired methylation in weeks 6-8 in fetal development. My son was diagnosed with tongue tie.

So, if we look at SNPs, we may see some issues with B12 transport, low lithium or low folate and/or low B12 and/or B6.

Cynthia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘MTHFR Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.