Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Sterling’s App Will I get the information I need?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I would like my daughters to know if they have inherited the multiple sclerosis gene from me. Would I get that information from doing the 23 and me $99.00 genetic test for them and entering the raw data into The Sterling App? How do you know that certain genes are related to certain diseases? I see your list of recommended practitioners to help with interpreting your results. The closest one is 200 miles away so it would involve Skype. I would have no way of knowing if they are qualified, experienced or even know what they are doing. Please help me figure out if having my daughters tested is worth it. Thank you.
    Debra

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi deb423,

If you can provide information about the particular gene I can let you know if it is included on Sterling’s App Variant report or if it is one we plan to include in the future if it is not.

You can view Sample reports here https://mthfrsupport.com/video-tutorial-sample-reports/ if you wish to have a look for it yourself.

We research genes and SNPs to include on the report for associations with particular diseases from scientific studies.

Most practitioners on the Find A Practitioner listing will consult by Skype or phone worldwide so you don’t need to travel unless you prefer to see them in person.

You can find out more about the practitioners by clicking on the red icons on the map as you’ll see the links to their websites. But you can also check them out online, many may have their own Facebook pages when they may engage with the public. Some also do webinars and have videos on YouTube you can watch to get an idea if they are someone you would feel comfortable about consulting with. There are many groups on Facebook about MTHFR and MS so they can also be a good resource for practitioner recommendations from other patients which might help you find the right fit.

Please get back to me with more information about the gene you are interested in and I’ll do my best to assist you with this further.

Lea

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Sterling’s App’ is closed to new topics and replies.