Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Ask a Practitioner (closed) Which SNPs would show a problem with glutathione?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My daughter is getting IV glutathione at a clinic that specializes in ozone treatment (she has Lyme). I hear there are some SNPs that would make glutathione contraindicated. Which ones are those? She’s feeling pretty sick after the glut.

Istvan
    Participant

Hi!

There are a few genes that only have to do with glutathione, and there are many which interfer with glutathione’s ability to be absorbed (such as it’s precursors).

If I were there to start naming snps or genes, then I would be playing guess game with your daughter’s life.
    It is best to educate yourself from someone who is familiar with each and every SNP on the variant report.

That’s why I recommend you to contact Sterling Hill Erdei who will go through your and/or your daughter’s Variant Report and teach you the mechanism of the SNP polymorhisms and also teach you how to use your 23andMe to do your own research.

You can reach her at: beclotaware@gmail.com

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi LymeMom, Some folks react poorly to IV glutathione as it may oxidize in cases of chronic inflammation. The inflammation could be stemming from GI issues, autoimmune issues, Bacterial/Viral infections, and so on.
    Most times, its prudent to address the chronic inflammation and support adrenals, and ensure that downstream pathways are repleted via B Vitamins (other than B12 and B9) and minerals, prior to beginning IV glutathione. If not, it’s the cart before the horse, and the IV glutathione treatment may cause flu-like symptoms as it oxidizes. Ive sen this many times. Cynthia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Ask a Practitioner (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.