Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum What does just a '+' or just a 'minus' mean?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What does it mean when there is just a + or – for a specific gene rather than a +/+, -/-, or +/-? (view attached screen shot)

Screen Capture

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I need permission to access the screen capture to be able to assist you with your question. I have sent a request just awaiting your acceptance.

Lea

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thank you I have access to the screen shot now and will share with one of the practitioners who does interpretations. Your patience in awaiting a response
    is appreciated. The practitioners respond voluntarily and have their own practices and other commitments so may not be able to respond immediately but do their best.

Lea

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Could you please provide a screen shot of the COMT SNPs from the same report.

Thank you

Lea

davidlevi
    Participant

Any particular part of the COMT SNPs? Because there are about 3 pages of them.

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Your post has been forwarded on to the practitioner assisting with your question.

Lea

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by  Lea (Admin).
    Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Reed means two risk alleles, yellow means one risk allele, and green is the expected alleles. In the case of COMT H68H, and V158M, they are down regulations slow down breakdown of catecholamines. If MAOB includes risk alleles, it further slows down COMT enzymatic activity. There are 2 drawing associated with you Variant Report that show COMT. Cynthia

davidlevi
    Participant

So a single ‘+’ means the same as a ‘+/+’?

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Your question has been forwarded.

Lea

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Your question has been forwarded.

Lea

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘MTHFR Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.