Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum General Discussion Sedation and Preventing Side Affects

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

My six year old son will need to be sedated for surgery. He is homozygous MTHFR 677T and has variants in FUT2, COMT, BHMT, MAO, CBS amongst others. His health went down hill after mold exposer-I have two copies of “the dreaded HLA DR genes” for mold. Is there anything I need to talk to the doctors about regarding types of sedation to use, medications, sedation methods and/or antibiotics?

Also, what can we do to prevent a reaction from the sedation? I was told to give him some NAC before and after. He has not yet begun the methylfolate or B12 as we are still working on his gut inflammation and binding the mold.

I’m happy to consult via phone if a reputable source is available. Surgery is in two weeks.

Thank you kindly,
    Alli

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Alli,

Your post has been forwarded to a practitioner admin for reply. We appreciate your patience in awaiting a response.

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi Alli, Some of the most common anesthesia impairs B 12 enzymes (MTR and MTRR) whether SNPs or not. AS he has COMT SNPs, you may want to consider Black Bear Energy spray with hydroxy and adenyl B12. 4-5 squirts before hand and after. Leafy greens could be a good source of folate as could be about 400 mcgs (not mgs) of methyl folate.
    NAC addresses glutathione production as one of the three amino acids needed to build (e.g., cysteine, glycine and glutamic acid).
    You may want to consider some organic milk thistle tea as well for liver support.

manzellafam
    Participant

Thank you kindly Cynthia.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.