Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Reports, Oxalate/B6/Lyzine, Immunoglobulin Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

It’s been almost 2 years since Sterling helped me with my youngest daughter and her variant report. I am interested in obtaining a newer report for her and a variant report for my other daughter, in the future mine and my husband’s as well. I would also like Excipient reports for both the girls now. Will there be any issues doing more than 1 report under the same account? And for more than 1 person?

Are you aware of any research that pertains to supplement support to increase IgA, IgG? I know breastmilk is a good source but not something an alternative doctor could easily recommend. I researched colostrum which is a great immune booster however the research seems questionable as to increasing IgG and I couldn’t find any studies where IgA serum increased. My functional therapist is finding a lot of her patients have low IgA, IgG which make it impossible to order food intolerance tests and other labs through Cyrex Laboratories.

I don’t know if you have insight on this… I read your article about Oxalates. My younger daughter Alayna does not do well when I’ve given extra P5P (yes it’s in her multivitamin), she gets irritable, doesn’t sleep, whines all night like she’s in pain. My oldest, Adalyne gets a P5P supplement daily and has no issues but I’ve often wonder about her having an Oxalate issue, not Alayna. Both girls get lots of Magnesium and Electrolytes from Seeking Health. After reading your article, I’m thinking I need to look into a Lysine supplement for Alayna. I have thought for 2 years she has adrenal fatigue and possibly liver inflammation from how much pain she is in when she sits in the car and highchair. Do you have more information I can read?

Thank you ALL for everything you do!!! You help so many of us struggling answers and relief.

Janelle

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Janelle,
    You can order all your reports from the one account. When the reports are generated they will be listed on the view reports page so you can choose which one you wish to view easily.

For your other questions I will forward them to a practitioner for reply. We appreciate your patience in awaiting a response.

Lea

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi Janelle,
    You mentioned a couple of different issues.
    First, some of us are prone to lower IgA activity due to genetics. However, we would not have survived if IgA was genetically too low. So, as IgA is the part of our immune system that “patrols” the interface between the outside world (including foods), nasal mucosa, lungs, AND our reactive immune system (via GALT), its best to remove those things that cause it to react. Sometimes, it the mold we eat/breath, foods, chemical exposures, etc. Its gets more complicated when an autoimmune response is present due to, for example, ingesting gluten with leaky gut (high zonulin/occludin release). In that case the immune system is “forced” to over-react and things like Hashi’s can result. It will eventually poop-out, but that can take years. Again complicated depending on status of glutathione, SOD SNPs and methylation.
    I do much Cyrex testing, and other than the Array 11 (chemicals and metals), most folks will show a response to something. If you mitigate exposure to a particular antigen like gluten, it may not show up on Array 10, but a fraction of gluten will likely show up on Array 3, if you have an intolerance in one form or another to gluten
    (e.g., gluteomorphins, transgltaminase 6).
    As far as oxalates; remember that stevia may be a high oxalate source, depending on how and with what, it is processed. Its in the electrolyte powder you mentioned.
    Also, remember that P5P is the bioavailable form of Vit B6, and is a nutrient cofactor for the enzymes that break down oxalates (you know this as you made the connection), the trans sulfuration pathway and some neurotransmitter pathways. Most of those pathways also require zinc and magnesium and manganese, so you may want to space out supplementing the P5P for Alayna, and balance her mineral intake with a multi-mineral. It gets much more complicated, so without knowing more, just lower Alayna’s P5P intake via a supplement and make sure that she is getting all minerals. ProThera has some good blends that are well tolerated by toddlers. The powder takes some creativity to mix into something. You can use I94 as Authorization Code if you elect a Pro Thera product.
    Please do not over-supplement her as toddlers with GI issues/pain may be reacting to some food. Besides the usual suspects, I see that bananas and pineapple come up often as foods that cause an issue in children. Also, a good kid friendly omega 3 source may be a good addition if you are not currently doing. Cynthia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘MTHFR Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.