Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Question

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I stumbled upon this sight and I am so excited… about 8 years ago.. when trying to get pregnant they told me I was positive for the MTHFR so I increased my folic acid.. with that said.. I have hypothalmic ammenorhea (basically never ovulated on my own in my life)

Anyway… 7 years ago.. I took radio active iodine to kill off my thyroid as I was hyper.. hence now I am hypo..I am on armour…..with that said…I have been very tired body week for the past 2 years…. they just recently told me I had mono.. which I completely do not believe….I probably had it at one time…..

My main question is this..

my b12 for the past year with 2 blood tests is 1213-1332 and my folate is >19 vit d 22.7

could the way I am feeling stem from these result?? thanks so much!

hardasnails1973
    Participant

Hello,

I am sorry you are feeling this way as I have also been a vicitim of the system as well. It was being a victim of the systems which lead me to spend years researching methylation and MTHFR. I was probably one of the first few people who spoke of MTHFR on forums close to a decade ago. IN order to get proper answer you need the proper data and history. Vitamin D is lowered by the body as a protective mechanism against virus, coinfections and other stealth pathogens. Proper evaluation of why vitamin d levels lowering would be my first priority as its could be a sign of something hidden. Yes vitamin D can cause alot of problems with mood, energy, and thyroid function. Remember vitamin D is not just a hormone, but rather an hormone. In these cases I would like to see more indept testing because there are a lot of signs pointing to possible hidden pathogens. It would be suggested to increase 5 methyl folate not FOLIC ACID as with MTHFR gene expression one can not properly metabolize folic acid to the proper form.

Blood test are not an accurate measure for b-12 levels. Its all about functionality which can be seen by looking at symptoms and evaluating it indirectly. This is the approach I use with Doctors as well as my own clients is to look at the whole picture before making any recommendations. In your case there are a lot of red flags and un explored areas which may be causing your symptoms. The idea is to work with a skilled practitioner like my self or others here as well as possible an open minded doctor to help get you on the proper track

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘MTHFR Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.