Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Ask a Practitioner (closed) Pregnancy and Detox

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m sorry if this seems a duplicate of a previous question. I am just finding this all very confusing. I am currently breastfeeding my 10-month-old and would like to get pregnant again in the near future. I am wanting to start a PNV with L-MTHF, which my OB approved, but I am confused as to whether starting this is going to cause me to begin detoxing. Detox in general isn’t recommended during breastfeeding or pregnancy. I have never taken anything with L-5-MTHF to date. I read on another site not to “swirl the pond” prior to pregnancy. I know that I need folate during pregnancy and L-5-MTHF is the best form; I am simply confused as to whether starting this will cause detox (especially via breast milk). Thank you all for your time.

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi Alexandra,

If you are contemplating pregnancy close to having previous baby, then a PNV with 5 MTHF is recommended. Whether you are supporting methylation, or not, you will detox a bit via breast milk. You will also detox via skin, liver, kidneys/urine and the other typical routes. Cynthia

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Ask a Practitioner (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.