Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Pregnancy Pre-conception planning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As part of pre-conception planning my dr recommended we test for MTHFR and pyroluria as I have experienced severe hyperemesis in both previous pregnancies. I have just got my 23andme results back and am heterozygous for BHMT-02, BMHT08, CBSC699T, COMTH62H, COMTV158M and homozygous for MAOA & MTHFRC677T. I’ve also tested positive for pyroloria.

I am a bit confused by all this as I am in pretty good health and apart from the hyperemesis I’ve had no problems with either of my previous pregnancies. I’m not sure what symptoms I should be looking for to work out if these genes are expressing and I’m wary of taking lots of supplements unnecessarily. On the other hand of course I want to optimise my health as much as possible before I have another baby! I’m waiting for an appointment with another dr who is (hopefully) more knowledgable about these genes but in the mean time I’m trying to learn as much as I can.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on this? It seems most people who test for this stuff already have some serious health conditions and that is not my situation, so I’m not sure how concerned I should be or what I should be looking for. Many thanks 🙂

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Often times our SNPs don’t overtly express until we hit a “tipping point”. Pregnancy with its suppression of immune system, increase in hormones and stresses on the body, is a tipping point for some. The COMT SNPs make you vulnerable as estrogen is a catecholamine which needs to be broken down via that enzymes. Think 6 lane highway having to channel 8 lanes of traffic when extra estrogen needs to be cleared. Cynthia

Gemma
    Participant

OFF TOPIC – please refrain from creating posts that are irrevelant to the topic.
    Thank you!

If our practitioners don’t get back to you ASAP please remember that they take off weekends and
    spend time with their families. During weekdays they have countless hours of consultations.
    Please understand that on our forum the practitioners answer questions for free and do this out
    of generosity.

If you wish to have all your questions answered, then I suggest you visit our ‘Find a Practitioner’
    section on our website and pick a desired practitioner.

Please, ask questions relevant to the topic. Meaning that if you create a topic and would like to ask
    about e.g. folic acid and pregnancy then it is unethical to ask “which genes are related to detox?”.
    Please refrain from asking multiple questions unrelated to the topic.
    This is abuse of our practitioners and will not be tolerated.

Please don’t post your entire list of SNPs from Sterling’s App in hope of interpretation as your post
    will be removed! There is a time and place to learn more about your results from the expert, Sterling Hill.
    To setup an appointment with her please send a message to beclotaware@gmail.com
    or call her at 504-616-0965 (mondays to fridays).

The practitioners will not interpret your 23andMe results through the forum. They do this for a living
    and will order vital lab tests to determine your health problems. Your Variant Report will help them
    solve mysteries, but it is a practitioners job to treat the whole human body as one and not only focus
    on your SNPs alone, but look at the bigger picture.
    Self-treating can cause serious harm!

If your post has been removed, then you will find out it’s reason listed above. Thank you!

István
    MTHFRSupport

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Pregnancy’ is closed to new topics and replies.