Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Greetings All!

This is my first post of the MTHFR Forum. Not sure about others, but I must say that, in spite of ongoing health concerns, resources like this and other online/offline tools have been very assuring. I like to know that I’m playing as active a role as possible in managing my health!

So, in the name of full disclosure, I was diagnosed with celiac disease 4-years ago and then, more recently, hashimotos. I won’t go into great detail, but will share that conventional medicine doctors have not been able to resolve some extremely debilitating symptoms, so I have turned to alternative medicine doctors and practices to take the next step.

Part of that program included 23andMe testing and review of the raw data. Turns out that my gene’s ain’t so good. I have a heterozygous mutation of all 3 MTHFR genes, as well as COMT V158M & H62H, both VDR genes, MTRR A66G, and both CBS genes. I also have a homozygous mutation of MAO-A R297R and BHMT 02, 04, 08.

I have since purchased an amino acid complex, methyl b-12, buffered vitamin C, and enzymedica gold…in addition to other supplements in my arsenal.

Just wondering — where do I go from here? If I can’t properly metabolize neurotransmitters and rid the body of toxins, what’s the long-term prognosis? I know that last question is loaded. Simply looking for feedback/suggestions.

Big thanks in advance!

Sterling Hill Erdei
    Keymaster

I have notified the practitioners at MTHFR Support. I am sure one will answer by tomorrow.

Sterling

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Ask a Practitioner (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.