Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Ask a Practitioner (closed) Please help! What do I do when i feel like this!? It has to be my SNPs!

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,
    I just came across your site at the perfect time! I am just starting to feel.. what I get frequently.. it feels almost like a panic attack, although nothing is wrong, nothing has changed around me, nothing is in head (as in worry…)…

I recently got my genetic testing back and have been trying to determine what to do next… I feel it has to be related to my MTHFR/other SNPs! I have been ill for 30yrs, mystery illness (chronic fatigue-like) to which chronic pain was added following being given (IMO unneeded) anti-depressants ~29yrs ago… I had “Fibromyalgia” until 2012, when dx’d w Lyme… Treated Lyme, now feel I am back to my prior state, more chronic pain, insomnia, extreme fatigue until times like this when I feel oddly wired but weak… I know I have heavy metal toxicity (very high lead)…

My legs are starting to get weak, I’m getting dizzy (thus my name!), I feel as though I’ve been startled… I’m getting weak, shaky, trouble typing!…

I am tapering off an anti-anxiety med, which I don’t need for true anxiety, just to counter these symptoms, which is not the right answer!!

I have: (+,+) VDR Bsm, MAO A R297R, MTRR A66G,BHMT-08
    and (+,-) MTHFR A1298C, MTR A2756G, MTRR A664A, CBS C699T, CBS A360A

Would Niacin help? This is the scariest feeling! No need to worry, I have this all the time I am sure it isn’t an emergency but I would be grateful for any advice asap!! Thank you so much!! xo

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi, You have presented a complicated case with much history. As you have not mentioned NAT2 and other adrenalin/cortisol SNPs, I assume that you did Yasko’s methylation profile. Just on the few SNPs you mentioned, B12 is a factor. You may want to work with a Practitioner who can assist in GI health, as you likely have issues there, and lay in foundational support for the pathways. In the meantime you may want to consider ordering your 23andMe test so you have access to many more SNPs to get a better picture. You can use Sterlings App to read the raw data from 23andMe. Cynthia

DizzyGreen
    Participant

Hi Cynthia,
    Thank you for your response. I did 23aandMe, here are my results:

i have:
    (+,+) VDR Bsm, MAO A R297R, MTRR A66G, BHMT-08
    and
    (+,-) MTHFR A1298C, MTR A2756G, MTRR A664A, CBS C699T, CBS A360A

It sounds like it’s too complicated to get quick advice?
    thanks,
    Diz

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Its difficult to give effective advice without having the “big picture” and your health history. You can see via Facebook questions/answers that addressing methylation in a vacuum and without benefit of the big picture, can often backfire. Cynthia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Ask a Practitioner (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.