Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i done 23 & me for my son but i stay in Qatar and my freind brings from UK and after sample when she go back then return to lab.
    and same thing i want to do for me also but want to send sample from here directly to UK so i asked to 23&me what preacution should i take while sending sample,
    and then they deleted my account what i can do

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Surya, I suggest you try a password reset to make sure you haven’t just entered your password incorrectly. If you are still not able to access your account
    contact 23andMe Customer Care for assistance to regain access. 23andMe Customer Care can be contacted here https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. If this does not resolve the issue perservere and contact them again asking for your enquiry to be escalated to a supervisor as you have paid for their service for your son and are entitled to have access to the account and his data. Another option is to open a new account.

Before purchasing the kit you may want to contact your local authorities to check if there are any regulations prohibiting you from receiving a kit in the mail or with you mailing the kit from your country.

Full instructions on how to use the kit and on how to ship it back to 23andMe are included in the kit and can also be found here https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/en-us/categories/200196880-Getting-Started.

AncestryDNA http://www.ancestry.com/dna is another option as this company also offers DNA testing however like 23andMe they do not ship to your location but if there are no regulations prohibiting you from receiving or sending the kit from your country you could have the kit shipped to your friend to have them forward it to you and then sent it back to AncestryDNA.

Hoping you will just need to reset your account password and you are able to receive and send the kit without any obsticles as this would be the best outcome.

Kind Regards
    Lea

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Lea (Admin).
    surya2089
    Participant

they are telling u have break rule because it is not allowed to take outside uk or us and thats why they deleted my account.
    and by breaking rules they will not refund also.

and already deleted any chance i can activate my account

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Surya,

In that case investigate thoroughly if AncestryDNA is an option for you otherwise you would only be able to do it if you were to travel to a country where
    this type of testing is available. Contact information for AncestryDNA can be found here http://www.ancestry.com.au/cs/contact-us.

Good Luck I hope it works out for you Surya.

Kind Regards
    Lea

surya2089
    Participant

this same as 23 & me means i have to again from this DNA test.there is no other way to request 23 & me they already deleted my account

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Surya,

I did speak with AncestryDNA with regards to accessing their kits in your country and whilst they do not ship to your country I was informed there was no issue with sending a kit to your friend in UK to have them forward to you and for you to send back to the USA from your country to be processed. However they did advise that you would have to check with your local authorities to ensure there were no local regulations prohibiting you from receiving the kit from the UK and with you sending it back from your country to USA. Unfortunately you would have to have your son retested unless you downloaded your son’s raw data from your 23andMe account at any time during the period you had access to your account and saved the file. If you did you can still upload the raw data which doesn’t change to Sterling’s App to generate a Variant report. If you already paid for a Variant report from Sterling’s App you can access it from your MTHFR Support account, View Reports page. Unfortunately it looks like the doors are shut regarding 23andMe so you would need to investigate if AncestryDNA or one of the other companies providing DNA testing can assist you.

Kind Regards
    Lea

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.