Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Overmethylated

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Recently my doctor put me on a b complex that had high methylfolate and methyl b12. Within a week I was having insomnia, palpitations, anxiety, dehydration, feeling completely out of it. In the mean time he also had me on digestive enzymes with betaine (methyl donor) magnesium with glycine (methyl donor) and amino acids (methyl donors). My b12 came back at 2,000, my folate high at 29, my b6 high at 137 and my homocysteine low. I’m now reacting to sulphur vegetables and high amino acid meats and everything containing large amounts of methyl donors. Can anyone tell me if this will ever stop?? Does the methylation cycle slow down on its own?? Please help!!

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi msvanillamix,

I’ve contacted our practitioner admin Cynthia Smith to advise you. Your patience in awaiting Cynthia’s response is appreciated.

Lea

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi,

No methyl anything for you. Its putting you into high catecholamines; specifically high epi. For your B vitamins, you may want to take Starter B (MTHFRproducts.com) and Black Bear energy spray as B12 contribution. You may also want to take naicinimide to slow down methylation. DO you have COMTV158M SNP?

msvanillamix
    Participant

Thank you, Cynthia. I am not sure if I have that snp, I just know that I am compound heterozygous. I do take cabergoline (dopamine agonist) as I have a prolactin secreting pituitary tumor). My only concern with a b complex is that I have high b6, I was showing signs of b6 toxicity. Wouldn’t adding more b6 cause more problems? I tried an active form of b6 and didn’t seem to do well. Yesterday I started on hydroxocobalamin and my mental clarity felt great, but I did not sleep well and kept having to drink coconut water for my potassium. Please help me out, I’m having a really hard time. I also seem to keep peeing everything out, I’m rapidly losing weight.

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi msvanillamix,

Your post has been forwarded. Cynthia will respond as soon as possible.

Lea

msvanillamix
    Participant

I have this internal tremor that won’t go away. Cold hand and cold feet at times, I’ve had to stop ALL amino acids and am even having to limit my protein intake. I did COMT testing today as well as nutraeval. I just have one major concern, could you please let me know if I will ever stop overmethylating?? Because this is pure he**. Does it stop on its own? I was perfectly happy and healthy before I took those darn vitamins:(

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi, Im wondering if you may have hyperthyroid issues going on.
    Do NOT take additional B6. Instead, work on your mineral cofactors. Im wondering if conversion through CBS is blocked as its a huge user of Vit B6.
    Also, because you are taking cabergoline to raise your dopamine, the dopamine may be shunting to nor-eli and then epic. My BBF has same pituitary tumor and takes same med as yourself. She takes alot of Xanax, which I suspect she is doing to “calm” her nerves due to high epi.
    Look into taking a non flushing form of niacin and see if you can get some relief. Look at NutrEval results and only take the B vitamins that are showing up red (highly needed). You will know more when you get the results. The NutrEval in combo with genetics are very telling if you work with someone who has knowledge of biochemical pathways.
    Use the Black Bear spray in the am only and start with one or two squirts. Again, niacin may be beneficial.

msvanillamix
    Participant

Thank you for your help. I had all my thyroid labs checked and they are perfect. How would I know if cbs conversion is blocked? What would I need to stop it if it was? And which minerals? I’m drinking coconut water, i can’t take magnesium, it sends me to the bathroom. What’s nori eli and epic?
    I tried niacin last week and it made me feel so down. Is that normal? I tried looking the big bear spray up, what kind of b12 is that? Thank u again for helping me through this. I still am looking to know if this will stop ink ts own though? Or will I overmethylate forever?!!

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi msvanillamix,

I have forwarded your response to Cynthia. Your patience in awaiting her reply is appreciated.

Lea

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi,

You would need to do a Genova Diagnostics NutrEval FMV, and in combo with genetics, a Practitioner could see if trans-sulfuration is blocked. Its difficult to assist you in detail on this forum and piecemeal. Im not taking new clients as I am working off backlog of folks, but if you would like an appointment, you can contact me at c.smith@lifezonewellness.com and I can set up a Consult with you. Where are you located? Cynthia

PS Thyroid measurements that look “normal” are often not from a Functional Medicine perspective. Did you have TPO measured?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘MTHFR Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.