Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Pregnancy Obtained results to show OB/GYN, but now what?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,
    I recently became aware of my homozygous A1298C mutation (GG) through 23andme, but I have a normal phenotype at C677. I am 5 weeks pregnant, so I mentioned this to ob/gyn at my last appointment. He scheduled a followup meeting with me for next monday so that I could bring my results to him so that he would have a better idea of the implications. I decided to upload my results to Sterling App and pay for the report so that I would have something more concise to show him. However, I’m still concerned that he won’t know how to interpret the results since he is probably not a geneticist. Does anyone have any advice about where I should go from here? Is the fact that I’m homozygous for A1298C but normal for the other basically mean that there is no pregnancy concerns? Thanks for your help.

Istvan
    Participant

Hi!

Please contact Sterling Hill Erdei at beclotaware@gmail.com to have your results interpretted. She may be able to supervise your consult with the doctor. There’s some chance that Sterling is booked up until February, but I’d give it a try since you are pregnant.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Pregnancy’ is closed to new topics and replies.