Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m beginning to understand this a little but I had a few questions.
    Im -/- for both MTHFR C677T and MTHFR A1298C which appear to be the most important of the mthfr. What does it mean if i’m +/- for both MTHFR rs3737964 and MTHFR rs4846048? Do the folate issues still apply?

Also I see I am ++ for VDR Bsm. How does that relate to VDR TAQ? Are they the same or diffrent? Why don’t I see VDR TAQ on my report. I also do not see SUOX?

Thanks for any help!

Sterling Hill Erdei
    Keymaster

The particular SUOX that Dr Yasko tests for is not in 23andme’s raw data. If someone is VDR BSM +/+ they will be VDR Taq -/-. Having VDR BSM +/+ is the one associated with low D3 levels. I removed it because of all of the confusion.
    Of the 59 MTHFR SNPs that 23andme has in the raw data I found 13 with peer reviewed research. I will let you know that there are 3 people I have met that have 10 homozygous mutations of MTHFR and one has severe CFS and the other 2 are in wheelchairs. Hoping the more that do the reports, the more trends we will see.

Sterling

DrTimJ
    Participant

You can also have a ‘functional SNP’ whereby inflammation in the body slows down methylation. In other words, it is theoretically possible for someone with no copies of any of the various types of MTHFR and to still have issues with methylation. Candida’s toxin also slows down methylation.

Dr. Tim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Ask a Practitioner (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.