Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Ask a Practitioner (closed) mthfr and metal toxicity

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

after being diagnosed with mthfr, i have learned that we are not supposed to have any metals in our body.

i currnetly have 7 metal mercury fillings.

about 6 months ago , i received a dental implant , mini screw, that contains Titanium aluminum vanadium alloy. Aka ti5 surgical titanium. Brand is 3m MDI

i have seemed to have a reaction to this.at first i thought it was a new adhd drug giving me this reaction. however, i recently retried the drug and found the reaction i had was not there.

it started as a burning in my lips after a flu shot. then i received the dental implant, and this horrid taste in my mouth would not go away.

i had severe diareah, and could not stay stya hydrated for months. i had to go to th er for iv fluids at least 7 times in two months.

then after a few month i began getting ear and sinus pressure, and severe headaches. then nerve pain in my neck, head, and shooting into my arms and hands. because my whole body suddenly became inflamed in the muscle tissues, my neck has been stiff since , with nerve pain shooting up into my head. i have had tests for everything auto immune wise, and they came up negative on blood work and mris for lupus, ms, lyme, ect….

mris show no lesions. yet my body seems to be inflamed and the only thing helping is prednisone for the moment.

could i be having a reaction to the dental implant metal? or a reaction between the screw metal fillings?

the screw is not laying on any nerves, and is not protruding into the sinus cavities so the dentist keeps saying it is not causing my congestion and pain and inflammation.

i do have reactions to cheap jewlery if i wear rings and earrings, i will break out itching. the only thing i can think of at this point is that this is happening due to the metals in the screw? or they are reacting to the cavities? there is also no infection.

any opinion?

Sterling Hill Erdei
    Keymaster

Hi Angelalmc,
    For one sounds like you have a metal overload and you most likely had 3mcg of thimerosol in your flu vaccine. Many of us are metal sensitive. And do you have APOE? Any history of alzheimers in the family? APOE’s cannot detox metals from the brain. If you do your 23andme, you can find out about APOE. Inflammation throughout the body. Are you eating wheat gluten, soy, corn gluten, cow dairy and nightshades? Are you eating GMO foods which cause leaky gut and widespread inflammation? Many things here that you should ask yourself. How is your candida? Many with metal issues have high candida. Have you thought about going to a biodentist to get these removed?

Sterling

DrTimJ
    Participant

Reacting to jewelry is often a sign of SIBO, or small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Fixing the gut is the first step in helping get rid of metals, as Phase III detox happens mostly in the gut. You want to optimize methylation and other detox pathways before you stir up any metals. Sometimes, the important part is to see if you are reacting to the metals via an ELISA test. Hope this helps!

Dr. Tim

angelalmc
    Participant

when i went for my updated b12 shot at my primary docs office, they asked if i wanted the flu vaccine. i said no. the nurse however, gave me the WRONG SHOT, and i received a flu shot without consent.
    i do have alziehmers and dementia in my family. in fact, i was worried because during this time i felt my cognition sliding…. i couldnt recall things short term memory wise. which is when they diagnosed me with adhd after a 6 hour battery test for memory and other things.
    i do not know if i have the APOE gene.
    i have not recieved genetic counceling for my mtfhr, i was diagnosed in 2006 after taking a birth control pill and nearly had a stroke. i was advised to do so, but i was a young college girl and didnt think this was a big deal. i have made an appt with a hemotologist for next week tho, as i realize now how serious it is and that i do not have the education i need to sustain my health.
    i do drink milk and eat a LOT of cheese…. in fact, i strangley CRAVE cheese. i eat a TON OF CHEESE everyday. i was not aware that there are things i should not eat and things i should eat… im just learning all this now.
    as far as gluten and wheat gluten, i probably do eat these… i eat a lot of pasta and breads. should i be eating a gluten free diet? and a dairy free diet?
    on the list of nightshades, i do often eat tomatoes and potatoes. should these be taken out of my diet also?

I am unsure of what GMO foods are?

I do not know what candida is? yeast? i do eat a lot of carbs…the breads and stuff (i come from a Italian family! lol)
    i am very allergic to most antibiotics so i steer clear from them. i did have to have a round of doxy antibiotics a month ago when they were testing me for lyme (negative) and broke out in a growth on my tongue from it.
    I do have a problem with fungal infections since college…. i catch them a lot and actually am getting over ringworm right now 🙁
    (i work with sick animals)
    i suffer with severe IBS …. but i do not know what leaky gut is?

I have made an appt with an allergist to test me for allergic reactions to the metals in my dental implant in decemeber.

as far as a detox …. what would be the best way to go about doing this?

i have never felt so sick and in pain in my whole life. i went from traveling monthly to working to waking being sick with one thing after another…. to where i am now : 36 yrs old not being able to move without pain , on oxygen tank, shaking and tremors, sweats, nerve pain, stiff and swollen neck and shoulder, and stuck in my house on a couch. it just gets worse and worse 🙁
    suddenly, my body is inflamming muscles so bad they are pulling on nerves and actually growing large muscles masses that are hard. i am even having one removed on the 20th from my left breast that suddenly came out of now where when the worst of my symptoms popped up.
    as for the allergy testing, should i get some type of metal toxin levels checked in my blood? can they do that?
    i can not get the implant removed till december.

however, if i dont have any allergy to the metals, should i assume it is the flu shot that this to me? it was done a year ago. is it still in my body? if so how do i get it out?

thank you for all your time i appreciate this. im in a lot of pain and very ill.

angelalmc
    Participant

to give you more info, i am compound heterozygous for the C677t and the A1298c

hardasnails1973
    Participant

Have you done 23andme yet? If so have you had it broken down with MTHFRsupports app? These will give you more clues to what possible may be going on as well as other lab work which can be ordered through your Doctors…Shawn

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Ask a Practitioner (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.