Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum L-methionine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have one copy of the C677T and one copy of the A1298C. I have been supplementing with methylfolate and rotating different forms of B12 sublingual, methylfolate support vitamins for over 3 months now.

My main question is, does it make sense to take L-methionine if symptoms of depression come and go?

I have been supplementing with Gaba and L-tryptophan. I still get down periods too often.

My detox symptoms seem better. I have also started bioidentical hormones in the last month to ease severe menopausal hotflashes.

Johann
    Participant

I should have mentioned in the post above that I am also homozygous with MAO-A. That is why I have been taking L-tryptophan and gaba. Below are my mutations:

Here are your homozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):
    MAO-A R297R CBS A360A
    Here are your heterozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):
    COMT V158M COMT H62H VDR Bsm VDR Taq MTRR H595Y MTRR K350A MTRR A664A BHMT-08
    CBS Mutations

Sterling Hill Erdei
    Keymaster

Methionine can increase homocysteine. Are you under the supervision of a practitioner who understands methylation?

Sterling

hardasnails1973
    Participant

Before starting to self experiment I would suggest getting some type of baseline to see where your neurotransmitters are. One should not be tinkering with this area if they are not aware. I have seen to many people have severe adverse reactions to the point of where they where became suicidal. Methylation is like a huge switch board to the entire body. If you flick the wrong switch one could be in trouble. I have seen it many times as well as personally experienced my self when I was self experimenting 10 years ago…Shawn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘MTHFR Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.