Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum General Discussion Is G6PD A*357G (T)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is G6PD A*357G (T) the primary deficiency gene? I’m male and homozygous for this gene. All my other G6PD genes are normal. I suffer from pernicious anemia.I am interested in testing for this gene to rule out G6PD Deficiency.

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi Doysmi, True G6PD deficiency requires SNPs and a trigger. H6PD is in play as well. – NOTE: G6PD (via the pentose phosphate pathway) is the only way to generate a reduced form of nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH), a substance that maintains the reduced form of glutathione (which protects against oxidative damage) in cells. If you have G6PS and H6PD SNPs, you may need extra glutathione support. Glutathione requires three amino acids as well.

doysmi
    Participant

OK. Well I am heterozygous for all (3) HP6D and homozygous for G6PD A*357G. The other (4) G6PD genes on the report are normal. Is this enough of a trigger worth asking a Doctor for testing?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by  doysmi.
    Cynthia Smith
    Participant

No, but please look at triggers for G6Pd and avoid “biggies”, like 20 mgs of Vit C as IV.

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi,
    If you have pernicious anemia, you may want to consider lithium orotate to push B12 into cells. You may also want to consider taking a digestive enzyme with food that includes HCl. In the meantime, you may want to consider B12 injections. If you have “heartburn” then parietal cells are not doing their thing to make intrinsic factor. Consider B12 Energy patch fro PatchMD as transdermal delivery of B vitamins.

doysmi
    Participant

Cynthia,

I’ve been taking Lithium Orotate, and I inject B12 every day, including obtaining the natural forms from Germany. Cynocobalamin, only obtained in the U.S., I consider ‘junk’ B-12. I have improved, but not as much as one would expect; which has led me to investigate G6PD. Both of these disease symptoms overlap. I am highly chemically sensitive. I am having a hard time convincing a doctor that it is worthwhile testing me for G6PD. I seem to react to beans, menthol, and toothpaste (G6PD). I cannot find much information on this particular gene [A*357G] or if it needs another gene to be paired with for less glutiathione production like the African phenotypes. I am a Caucasion. Can you hook me up with some better studies or proof?

(I also take MethylGuard, which covers the above ‘bases’ you mentioned for PA.)

Thanks,

Doyle

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Doyle,

I have forwarded your post to Cynthia for her response.

Lea

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi Doyle,
    Here is a link that may be of interest. http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/P11413
    Similarly, you can run searches via PubMed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed Here is one search that I did: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=G6PD

Cynthia

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.