Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Pregnancy Homozygous both MTHFR C677T and CBS C699T recommend pregnancy supplements

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am homozygous for both MTHFR C677T and CBS C699T and was wondering what are the best forms of B12, folate and iron to take during pregnancy as I am low in all 3. I read that methyl forms may not be suitable for those with CBS C699T but not sure if that is true or not. Anything high in sulphur and folate reacts in me so my diet is low sulphur, and no gluten or dairy. At the minute I only take probiotics. Any advice appreciated. It seems easy to find advice on one of the mutations but not the two together. Thank you

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Caitriona,

As treatment is individual it’s best to work with a practitioner experienced in this field. MTHFR Support has a Find A Practitioner listing available to assist you in finding one. See tab at top of this page. Most will consult via Skype worldwide. Also you may find the resources at MTHFR Support Australia’s website http://www.mthfrsupport.com.au especially helpful. Lots of information about B12 and Folate there and there is also a dedicated Preconception area.

Lea

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Pregnancy’ is closed to new topics and replies.