Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Haptoglobin

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all,

I submitted my raw data to Sterling and got the interpretation. However, I am looking for my haptoglobin 1/2 results and they aren’t on the report. Does anyone know of another program that will give me this result? I just learned how haptoglobin 2 is associated with zonulin release when gluten is ingested.

Thanks for any info you might have!

Sterling Hill Erdei
    Keymaster

Well what are the abbreviations for this? For instance methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase is MTHFR to see if 23andme even tests for this?

Sterling

lisaheis
    Participant

Yes, 23andme tests for 5 different SNPs for haptoglobin. It is abbreviated as HP.

Haptoglobin has 2 different alpha chains (proteins), either alpha-1 or alpha-2. 23andme has directed me to my results for the 5 SNPs, but I need to know how to interpret this into whether I am 1-1, 1-2, or 2-2 (in regards to my alpha subunits). Here is what I have from 23andme:

HP rs8062041
    HP rs2070937
    HP i5002671
    HP rs5475
    HP rs5477

Any direction you have would be appreciated!

lisaheis
    Participant

Come on Sterling. You gotta come through for me! I want to eat gluten. 🙂
    But seriously. Is this something that MTHFR support can look into? I think it’s valuable information and I am sure it will become more common knowledge soon.
    I’ve been trying to interpret all kinds of studies on the internet but I still can’t correlate the data that 23andme gives me to which alpha chains I have.
    I think your report is by far more valuable than geneticgenie, why not make it even MORE valuable?
    What about VDRTaq? That one is not on your report but it is on geneticgenie. Amy Yasko talks about it in her book and how it relates to MAO and COMT mutations.
    I am a future Naturopath and will refer all my patients to your website and Sterling app! 🙂

Sterling Hill Erdei
    Keymaster

Email me with your phone number and we can go over these. I will not be answering emails until Thursday. About to take a plane to the US because of a family emergency. My email is beclotaware@gmail.com.

Sterling

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘MTHFR Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.