Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Ask a Practitioner (closed) GSTP1 mutations and overcoming chronic illness

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a homozygous mutation of GSTP1 and also my CBS pathways in addition to other mthfr issues. My Lyme doctor told me this week that overcoming Lyme and coinfections would be serious challenge b/c of the GSTP1 mutations as this is associated with poor prognosis of cancer survival and other illness, even with epigenetic influence. I’m wondering if anyone has insight on the GSTP1 mutations and how severe of an issue they are and if there is hope for me.

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi
    GSTP1 is only one enzyme that encodes glutathione manufacture. You did not give details wrt CBS. If you do not have a CBS C699T SNP, then NAC amy be a good option to build glutathione.

cat30king
    Participant

Thank you for your response Cynthia, I have homozygous 699T CBS mutation, homozygous GSTP1 rs1695, hetero GSTP1 rs1138272. Any insights of my potential to make glutathione would be appreciated. My Dr scared me a bit by telling me that with the homozygous GSTP, I would have a real hard time recovering from any chronic illness b/c the CBS is needed to overcome that.

Ice
    Participant

Dear Cynthia and cat30king,

I am also in a similar situation(too be honest worser) like cat30king. Are there any positive effect of Y-Age Glutathione patches in that very case or it is just a waste of money.

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi Ice, I apologize for late response. Yes, glutathione patches can be an effective delivery system of glutathione. Gltathione is our body’s master antioxidant. AS a result we have many enzymes that make glutathione, in different parts of our body. DO not get “wrapped around the axel” because you have SNPs in one glutathione enzyme or a no call. Instead, focus on your GI heath and eat foods that are anti-inflammatory. No gluten, cow dairy and night shades.
    AS far as the C699T CBS up regulation, add sodium potassium butyrate to your daily regime of supps to assist in breaking down the ammonia. Also, a good multi mineral that includes molybdenum to assist in breaking down sulfates which may be high due to the CBS up regulation. I like the MultiMineral from ProThera or Vital Nutrients (if COMT SNPs).

MultiMineral: (2 caps in am and 2 caps in pm, with food. Start with 1 cap and then increase slowly. After a few weeks, drop down to ½ dose daily)
    https://www.protherainc.com/prod/proddetail.asp?ID=MMN
    Authorization Code is: I94 (I like ice cream, not the number 1).

PS Find another Doc and make sure that your GI is absorbing proteins/amino acids…Or, better yet, work with a Practitioner listed on MTHFRsupport website, who is familiar with SNPs and their interplay with health and GI.

Cynthia

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Ask a Practitioner (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.