Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum General Discussion folic acid or folate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My daughter with C677T MTHFR had two miscarriages and her doctor suggest 5 mg folic acid per day.
    Is there any medical research that show detrimental effects of folic acid compare to fully active folate?
    Thanks.

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi avigilad100,

Folic acid is not recommended for those with MTHFR mutations (SNPs).

The following article http://www.mthfrsupport.com.au/folic-acid-vs-5-mthf-treating-mthfr-deficiency/ written by Carolyn Ledowsky ND, founder of MTHFR Support Australia who collaborates with Sterling Hill founder of MTHFR Support, creator of Sterling’s App and owner of this website provides much information about why folic acid should be avoided.

At the end of the article in the Bibliography you will find links to articles supporting Carolyn’s views which are shared by many practitioners and researchers in this field including Sterling Hill.

Lea

Abraham Gilad
    Participant

Hello Lea.
    Trying to download the link you provided seems to be impossible from Israel.
    Can you send me the article in PDF format or by some other way?
    Thanks.

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi avigilad100,

I most certainly can. On the link I provided it enables a PDF to be downloaded. I have done that and emailed to you at the email address linked to your MTHFR Support account.

Lea

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.