Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Ask a Practitioner (closed) fluoroquilone triggers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, I have been floxed by Cipro. I now have nerve/neurological pain and issues, body wide tendonopathies etc. Certain things seem to trigger a frightening mental/neurological state of confusion, increased nerve problems(numbness, pain, muscle cramping, tingling) pain, thirst, body stiffness, brain fog, fear with suicidal thinking. I am still uncertain of what things “set me off”. I was hoping someone might have some clues as to what things I should avoid. I just got off the phone with Sterling and she and I both noted having had bad reactions to B12 and perhaps Glycine. She suggested I ask you if there is anything that could off set the reaction. I had been doing fairly well with the mental episodes until last Friday when I take some magnesium glycinate. I think perhaps this triggered the state I am in? If that sounds reasonable, how long can I expect this episode to last(its already been 10 days)? Also, do you know of anything I could take to offset the reaction or reduce the symptoms I am having?

Thanks so much,
    Kristie

Sterling Hill Erdei
    Keymaster

Ann,

Because of your past health issues. You might want to contact one of the practitioners familiar with floxing. If they do not have a full health history and give you the wrong medical advice they can lose their license so many of them are eerie about answering a post like this because of your major issues. We have linked the post to them and all are in agreement on this. So please contact one of them for a time and appointment. It is sort of like a suicide hotline. They do not prescribe a treatment but if they know you are suicidal, they will get you to a doctor any way they can. Now if you have basic questions, that is one thing but intense medical history is another.

Sterling Hill Erdei

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Ask a Practitioner (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.