Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Figure 1 – 8 on the Variance Report

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m confused.

I understand that it is expected that I will find a practitioner to interpret these results and I plan on contacting one for a Skype consultation just as soon as I can get my Skype up and running again (I’m in Northern Ireland and no one else is concerned with or tuned into methylation and related issues).

At any rate, I’ve been doing a lot of research on my own and thought I might familiarise myself with the various processes / figures before a Skype appointment so I can best make use of my time.

It’s my understanding that the figures are based on my particular SNPs. Beyond the first one, I just don’t see it. What should I be looking for on the figures that is particular to my snps / situation?

Thanks for the help.

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Lovelifeback,

Your question has been forwarded on for a response from Cynthia Smith who designed the diagrams.
    Due to work/life commitments our practitioners who answer here voluntarily are not always able to respond immediately but do there best.
    Your patience in awaiting a reply is appreciated.

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Hi,

The drawings depict the enzymatic biochemical pathways that we all share. The enzymes are noted in the ovals. The Variant Report is looking at the DNA that codes for the enzymes. So, for example, if you are assessing your ability to generate MTHF from folate, you would look at SNPs in DHFR, MTHFD1 and MTHFR. Cynthia

lovelifeback
    Participant

Thanks… must be brain fog… I thought the figures would be DNA specific and I was just too fogged to figure it out (i.e., showing genes/enzymes effected). Will chart my own.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘MTHFR Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.