Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum General Discussion Confusing Nutrihacker report

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I ran my 23andme raw data through Nutrihacker, promethease, and GeneticGenie. I am compound heterozygous for MTHFR, C677T (AG) and A1298C (GT). Nutrihacker says to AVOID methyfolate and methyl B12 due to COMT H62H (TT) and V158M (AA). Also homozygous for two VDR snps with the recommendation to avoid methyl donors. So, which is it, supplement or not?

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi betsycam,

Your question has been forwarded for reply. We appreciate your patience in awaiting a response.

Lea

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Best to stay with combo of hydroxy and adenyl B12 if COMT V158M homozygous. I use Black Bear spray with my clients in this case. If you opt for a combo supp (e.g., a prenatal or other blend) with included 5MTHF and methyl B12 for ease to get other nutrients, 1/2 dose is best and then augment with Black Bear spray and a bit of magnesium.

betsycam
    Participant

Thank you, Cynthia. I have ordered the Black Bear spray.

Betsy

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Betsy, I don’t know your surrounding SNPs, but OK as a first step to use hydroxy B12 and adenyl B12 without knowing more. Increase your leafy greens as well as a source of folate. You may need a bit of lithium oratate, pulsed a couple of times a week.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.