Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Sterling’s App Confused? Report shows only one MTHFR checked

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My husband tested positive for one allele MTHFR mutation, causing high Homocysteine which ended up contributing to a PVT per his hemotologists diganosis. I have my raw DNA through ancestry that I uploaded to see if I may contribute a mutation to our children to be double carriers. It only has one MTHFR Mutation listed in my report, which I show two negatives. Does that mean I AM NOT a mutation carrier at all on the MTHFR gene? There are many other mutations I tested doulble allele positive for. They have nothing to do with the MTHFR mutations? I am confused from all the data….just want to make sure im not overlooking something? Or do all the tests revealed on the report have to do with the MTHFR gene? Thank you
    janine

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Janine,

The report covers over 1400 SNPs in various pathways not just methylation which MTHFR is involved with. For an understanding of what the information on your report means you need to have it interpreted by a practitioner who is experienced in interpretation, methylation, epigenetics and nutrigenomics. You can find these practitioners on the Find A Practitioner listing here on the website, please see tab at the top of the screen. Most will consult with you by Skype and you can access their websites for more details about fees and services by clicking on the red icons on the listing map and directory below the map.

If you are specifically interested in your results for MTHFR C677T key in rs1800133 into the SNP search bar on your online report

If the color coding for this SNP shows green it means you do not have the C677T mutation.

If the color coding for this SNP shows yellow it means you have one copy of the C677T mutation and this is referred to as being heterozygous.

If the color coding for this SNP shows red it means you have two copies of the C677T mutation and this is referred to as being homozygous.

then key in rs1800131 into the SNP search bar on your online report.

green means you do not have a mutation for A1298C mutation.

yellow means you have one copy – heterozygous and red means you have two copies – homozygous.

If one of these mutations does not show on your report it would mean 23andMe where not able to extract the necessary DNA for that SNP from your sample and this is referred to as a NO CALL which are not shown on your report.

Lea

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  Lea (Admin).
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Sterling’s App’ is closed to new topics and replies.