Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Ask a Practitioner (closed) B Vitamin Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,
    My 12 year old son is hetero MTHFR C677t and 1298c, we are currently waiting on the rest of the DNA results from 23 & me. He is currently taking Max B ND (premier research labs) – ingredients listed below. Is there anything listed below that may prompt a neurotransmitter problem/blockage etc. in the morning? 15 minutes after taking this he had a seizure. If yes, can you point me in the direction of where/what the interaction may be? Any information or direction you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 1.7mg / 113%
    Riboflavin (Vitamin B2 as Riboflavin-5-Phosphate) 1.6mg / 94%
    Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) 3mg / 150%
    Folate (Folinic Acid) 1000mcg / 250%
    Vitamin B12 263mcg / 4‚383%
    Biotin (D-biotin fonn) 334mcg / 111%
    Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) 3.3mg / 33%
    PABA (Para Aminobenzoic Acid) 50mg / *
    Inositol (Inositol Hexanicotinate) 30mg / *
    Proprietary Blend 142mg / *
    Nutritional Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) [in a probiotic culture (inactivated after fermentation)]

Other Ingredients: Purified water‚ organic alcohol (Certification by OTCO).

Cynthia Smith
    Participant

Without knowing your son’s history, I would suggest starting him on a B Vitamin blend WITHOUT folate and B!2 (e.g., B Minus…- http://www.seekinghealth.com/?siteID=dF_LIvhQJ98-uR2UZRw9OQ.Vz3zmcadshA (please copy and paste in a browser, then search in the search box).

Then consider a good Multimineral. A few weeks later if no issues, layer in 500 mcg of hydroxy B12. At that point, stop until you get his results back, and can work with a Practitioner. He may need a bit of lithium, but don’t know unless I know his SNPs and health history. Best to work with someone who understands the pathways, both downstream and upstream methylation. Cynthia

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Ask a Practitioner (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.