Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Ask a Practitioner (closed) Ask Dr. Tim Jackson

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Ask Dr. Tim Jackson

ebtagg
    Participant

Hi Dr. Tim,
    I am on my 8th week of ” gut repair” using a rotation of both antifungals , probiotics, and fiber. It’s hard to tell if there’s any improvement. My food cravings, esp for sugar ( yeast) is still sky high.

First, I’m told I need to help out my CBS pathway by taking taking molybdenum ( mo-zyme) along with Yucca. My sulphite stix readings are the highest reading (>1600). It’s very difficult for me to follow a low sulphi(a)te diet. I am sort of the belief that I need to do this with supplements. Am I crazy to go with this thinking?

At some point I will need to address my compound Mthfr but not sure how to start. In the past I have not been able to tolerate MB12, 5-m folate,etc. I’m thinking of starting a little hydroxycobalamin sublingual. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Richard

DrTimJ
    Participant

Hey Richard,

Healing the mucosal lining of the gut takes time. Killing off the bad guys can be helpful, as some of their metabolites are harmful to the gut barrier. Inflammation may be up-regulating your CBS pathway. I think what you’re doing sounds good, but you may want to consider adding a product that heals the GI mucosa.

ebtagg
    Participant

Dr. Tim,

This is what I needed to hear. It’s easy to get frustrated when not seeing quick improvement. The improvement is slight but its still going in the right direction. IN fact the most improvement I’ve seen in a few years.

Do you have a recommendation for a supplement that would heal GI mucosa? Sunflower lecithin?

Thanks,

Richard

DrTimJ
    Participant

Repairvite is a good product. It depends on the person.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Ask a Practitioner (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.