Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Sterling’s App app does not come with interpretations

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It says that the genome report tutorial will find information on your Inherited Conditions, Health Risks, Drug Responses and Traits to assist practitioners with patient care. So why couldn’t I get any information on how according to my genes I metabolize certain medicines?

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi aiyanamayal,

Many of the practitioners on the listing will consult via Skype or phone globally so may be an option for you to consider.

Fees vary and are set by the individual practitioners so you would need to contact them direct for that information and whether your insurance will cover.

The tutorial will provide you with the skills to know if you are heterozygous, homozygous or normal for SNPs on the report or from your 23andMe raw data but it will not tell you if the SNP is expressing you would need to consult with a practitioner to ascertain this. It is possible that functional testing may be required also. One can not tell if a SNP is expressing from the report or your raw data.

You can find information about the tutorial content here https://mthfrsupport.com/genome-report-tutorial/ and in the tutorial section of the FAQs here

On the online report videos have been added to the CYP3A4 SNPs so you may find them of interest. You can also access the videos from the official MTHFR Support YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX3uZTiYVhWkRT2utgVhftg/videos.

The reasons why interpretations are not included have been addressed previously in this thread and we do not anticipate at this time that this stance will change in the future.

We do not encourage self treatment or patients interpreting their own data as it is very complex and can take practitioners many years to learn.
    Trying to attempt to do this alone especially if unwell where fatigue, brain fog, lack of sleep etc may be issues that can affect comprehension and understanding has the potential to possibly worsen the person’s health due to the added stress and possible harm that may be caused by engaging in inappropriate treatment.

Sterling’s App is the most comprehensive and preferred by practitioners and has many features not offered by other Apps available so obviously the price points
    will differ.

I hope the above has answered all of questions.

Lea

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi aiyanamayal,
    Inherited Conditions, Health Risks, Drug Responses and Traits were the Health Reports 23andMe had available prior to November 2013. Due to FDA regulations 23andMe are no longer allowed to provide these. I still include them in the tutorial for those people who did their testing prior to this date and have access to them. I have added extra content to the tutorial for those who do not have access to the reports to compensate. If in the future these reports are made available by 23andMe again I will be doing a supplemental tutorial for those tutorial customers who do not currently have access to the reports and I mentioned this offer in the tutorial.
    Lea

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Sterling’s App’ is closed to new topics and replies.