Home Forums MTHFR Support Forum Sterling’s App 23 and Me and Sterling's App questions and concerns

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi MTHFR Support,

I recently saw your Facebook post about the software updates for Sterling’s app, pertaining to Leaky Gut.

I was diagnosed with leaky gut and MTHFR mutation (homozygous A1298C) a few years ago. I also have Mosaic Turners Syndrome.

I would love to lean more about how Sterling’s app works and what it could tell me. I have been thinking about doing the 23 and Me test for quite a while. I have reached out to 23 and Me several times, trying to learn more about how they work and what they would be able to tell me. They insist that can not give me the answers I am looking for. From what I understand from MANY MTHFR experts is that they actually can. Maybe not directly. But through their Raw Data. I do not fully understand what the Raw Data actually is. What can it tell me? Could you explain it to me please? If I took the 23 and Me test and ran my Raw Data through your program what kind of things could I learn about myself?

I’ve been dealing with gut issues for the past five years. I’m getting pretty sick of it and I would like my life back. I think knowing as much as I possibly can about my body will help me care for it better and have a healthier life. Your welcome page for the app talks about the different traits that Sterling’s app can show. Can you elaborate more on that please?

I am currently following Dr. Joshua Axe’s Healing Leaky Gut program and he often talks about IGG testing for food sensitivities. The one he uses is a blood test. Can you explain how your food sensitivity tests work? Are they more of a permanent, gene based sensitivity rather than a sensitivity that could be temporary while the body is sick or healing?

I also understand that there are other genetic mutations that can interfere with the MTHFR supplements. Will I be able to learn about those from your analysis program?
    How will the Turner’s Syndrome effect the results of this genetic testing?

I really appreciate you taking the time to read this. I look forward to your response!
    Thank you!

Elizabeth Fox

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Elizabeth,

Your post has been forwarded. We appreciate your patience in awaiting a response.

Thank you

Lea

Sterling Hill Erdei
    Keymaster

Elizabeth: It is against the law for 23andme to tell you anything but Ancestry.
    my app will tell you about sulfation. Poor sulfation is what ultimately leads to leaky gut.
    You will still need a practitioner to decipher it all.
    I do teach people how to decipher their variant reports they get from me with tutorials.
    Here is a video that shows what our app does.
    Sterling
    If you have one extra chromosome or one missing yes you will have a different outcome.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  Lea (Admin).
    lizziefox100
    Participant

Hi,
    Thank you for your response. That video did help. But I still have a ton of questions. This is an area that I have a hard time understanding, but I do want to learn more and I feel that it is necessary for me to learn more.
    I do understand 23 and Me’s legal issues and requirements.
    Are your other tutorials on the same YouTube Channel as the video that you shared with me?
    What do you mean when you say my out come will be different because of the Turners? What will be different? Will it effect the accuracy? Will the results be incomplete?
    Could be please elaborate on the leaky gut and the food sensitivity parts of your program? How do they work? What could be learned from them?
    Thank you so much!

Elizabeth

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Lizzie,

Your post has been forwarded. Your patience in awaiting a response is appreciated.

Lea

Sterling Hill Erdei
    Keymaster

If you would like to set up a consult with me, my number is 504-616-0965.

Sterling

lizziefox100
    Participant

Sterling,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful conversation! I learned a lot from our phone call. I think you have helped me come to a decision, finally, on ordering a 23andMe kit. I look forward to working with you in the near future!
    Thank you so much!
    Elizabeth

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Elizabeth,

I have forwarded your message to Sterling. Thank you for much for your kind words.

Take care.

Kind Regards
    Lea

melissasmithslp
    Participant

Hi,
    I received my 23 an me reports last evening and need more information in the MTHFR mutations for myself ( dx of MS and leaky gut 10 years ago no meds diet controlled) and my children to keep them as healthy as possible. How do I even download to create a file for your app? Ugh, I’m confused….
    Thanks for your help,
    Melissa

Lea (Admin)
    Keymaster

Hi Melissa,

Sterling’s step by step video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nwJsE0bogQ should help you through the process.

Once you have your report you can check the Find A Practitioner listing here https://mthfrsupport.com/find-a-practitioner/ to help you locate a practitioner to have the report interpreted.

Lea

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Sterling’s App’ is closed to new topics and replies.